Friday, October 20, 2006

Missing You

mood: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Busy
currently listening to: The Reason by Hoobastank

Hmmm..let's see, yeah hard to admit but yes I do miss my bestfriend. Not just because I'm (can I say was?) in love with him but because I miss our friendship, all the good times we've had all those 8 long years. Sad to say that just flew out the window like nothing, it's hard to say who gave up first. Me, who just stopped showing up and texting him or him, who didn't reply back. Its amazing how small Bacolod city is, but it's big enough not to let us see each other. Or its just because it isn't meant to be. My brother and sister see him all the time, but me no. I find it weird, and funny. I say that it's better this way, so I'll forget him faster but no...it only makes me miss him more.

It's funny how hard you try to forget someone, and you end up remembering all the good memories you've had with that person and you find yourself falling all over again. I can try not to remember...but how can I forget? I remember how we started seeing each other again earlier this year after two years since we last saw each other : It started with a text I sent him, telling him that if he's still using the same phone number he should contact me ASAP coz I have something to tell him (I was hoping I could tell him the truth that I do love him). Later that evening, he did reply back to my surprise and asked how I was doing. He later gave me his other cellphone number and said that he might contact me again soon. So I waited. And I didn't wait in vain.

12 0'clock came, I was about to sleep when my phone rang. It's him. Gaah, my heart beated twice as fast and at first I was hesitant if I would answer the call. Hell, I did anyway and yeah we talked for a while. He asked how I was and he said he missed me and all, so did I. The evening ended with me grinning like an idiot. He promised he'd call tomorrow.

So he did. And he asked if I could go to his high school graduation, can I resist? Of course no, even if I know that his gf will be there. I came in a little late, but he did see me in the audience, he even waved at me. I sat with his family and yeah, they said they missed me too and asked how I was doing. The ceremony ended fine, and when he came up to me he laughed and he said he was glad that he's finally taller than me...haha. Later, Mama Olive (yeah I call his grandma Mama too :P) asked if I could stay and have dinner with them...hell, I did.

His gf didn't show up, I learned later through his phone. Well she did show up, but uber late. They fought outside the resto and I just kept my mouth shut and stuffed fries into my mouth. I was having a good day. *evil laugh* After that, he did confess he was pissed at her for not showing up and having a pathetic reason for not being there. He thanked me I showed up on one of the most important moments of his life, and he's glad I'm his best friend. Okay, now I could cry remembering this. *sniff* The night ended with him taking me home and asked if we could hang out again, so we did. For a month or so, after that I ended it.

I miss having him around, I really do. I have to admit he'll be a permanent part of my life. No matter how I try to forget him, I won't. Coz he's already etched in my memory. I remember when he got his guitar and showed it off to me, and said if I could sit and listen to him sing (I didn't know he could, I just found that out when we met again) and so he did. He sang Hoobastank's The Reason with him playing the guitar. Who would've known the jerk could sing? Yeah it was awesome and now everytime I hear it, I remember him. How is he, I wonder. I hope he's doing fine. I have lots to tell him...but I'll save it 'til we meet again, hopefully.

Take care Ael...thanks for the friendship. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home