Monday, January 23, 2006

Proud to be Pinoy


January 22, 2006

Time stood still for the Filipinos as they watched the most anticipated rematch of the year. Entitled "THE BATTLE", it was between Erik "El Terrible" Morales and Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.

Okay, obviously since I'm pinoy, my bet is Pacquiao. The match was aired here in the Phils a little late because of the time difference but I decided to watch it anyway. It was a sunday and we were supposed to go to church, but we didn't! I know I am so baaaaaaad! Forgive me Lord.
My dad, a boxing fan, stayed in the house to watch the whole match. He wouldn't miss it for the world. I was arguing with a group of friends if who among the two will win. But suprisingly, one of my closest friends placed her bet on Morales. I was like "WTF? You're Filipino!" Lolz!

So after much arguing and discussions, the match begun. When the Phil Nat'l Anthem was sung, I couln't help but shed a tear. I dunno, it was just a wonderful moment. I could feel my Filipino spirit burning. Really, I was never a patriot before but that time I felt as if I was. And everytime Manny hits Morales I couldn't help but jump with glee. Every punch he afflicts on Morales was a point for us Filipinos and by winning the fight, he made us proud. He lifted our country's name and brought honor to us all. Truly, Manny is a hero.

I woke up this morning feeling glad that I'm pinoy. Thanks to Manny, I learned to love who I am.

Cheers!

MABUHAY ANG LAHING PINOY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mayet said...

AH BASTA AKO YA KOREAN DIYAPON WAHAHAHA!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home